Questionnaire and Schedule

Name:
Group:

Questionnaire:
I.
How far are you personally concerned aboutthe so-called problem of Tibet?
a.
It isa problem which I’ve been concerned to some extents, and I know I have my ownposition to this problem.
b.
It’s atopic rather than a problem for me. I either don’t know much about whathappened there or try to be analytical to the situation. So I don’t have asolid position in this case.

If you choose a, pls go to the Q.II to find a position for yourself.
If you chosse b, you canalready sign yourself as Group D.

II.
With regard to the “Tibet-Problem” can yougroup yourself into one of the following basic perspectives or standpoints?
Group A: Tibetshould be independent from other countries in respect of the Tibetan historyand culture or other reasons. It’s Free Tibet issue.

Group B: Tibetis recognized as a part of China,but Chinahas violated
Human Rights in Tibet.It’s about Human Rights issue.

Group C: Tibet is a part of China.The western countries interfered in the Chinese internal affairs whichundermines the Chinese sovereignty. It’s issue of interference in internalaffairs of other countries.

Group D: None of the above. I hold totally different opinions.

[ 本帖最后由 fussfun 于 2008-6-24 14:46 编辑 ]
Share |

Rules and Schedule of the Seminar

Tibet-China Comparing-Perspectives

I.
Purpose:

Inorder to let a highly complex phenomenon here say Tibet issue display itself we needto view many perspectives. Through the way of observing others and ourselvesone can get a comprehensive comparison which leads to a comprehensive reflection.

Forthe purpose of finding out how and why others think and I think we devised akind of special platform for different perspectives to exhibit themselves.

II.
Rules

All the participants will be divided into four teamscorresponding to the basic standpoints they chose (See the “Questionnaire”)

After grouping each team has to discuss among themselvesabout how to support their basic perspectives, so each team need to sort outtheir basic arguments.( E.g. For the Team which is pro Free Tibet has 8 pointsas basic arguments, one of them could be” according to the history Tibet issince 8th century independent from Chinese court and has developedit’s unique culture and religion” )

At the Blockseminar each team has to first present how manybasic arguments they have with short explanations (each presentation max.30min.)

Then each team will run in turn to the center to answerquestions which are raised by the other three teams. For each round each teamhas only three questions. Before every question and answer teams can discusswith their team members. The first day block is mainly a “trial” block.

At the next day block each team has to reflect on their ownarguments, and should present their modified arguments or remain the same. Anew round of the “trial” comes then. In the afternoon of 29.Jun. will be a freediscussion and personal statement.

The tibetologist Mr. Thierry Dodin will except a speech atthe beginning give instructions and comments to the questions and answers allalong

III.
Schedule

Blockseminaron 28.-29.Jun.

When:

9:30 – 18:00 on 28.Jun;

10:00-17:00 on 29.Jun.

Where:not settled yet

Who:
participants, moderators and Mr.ThierryDodin

Why:

For each teampresenting their arguments

Observe how theother teams support their arguments to view more different perspectives

Reflect on howpeople persist in their own perspectives.

Firstday:
9:30 – 18:00 on 28.Jun

How:

Dodin introduces himself and gives a speech about the basicinformation about Tibet

Each Team presents his own arguments (each max.30 min.)

Break

Each team goes on the trial to answer the question by theother three teams (how many rounds depends on the timing on the spot)

SecondDay: 10:00-17:00 on 29.Jun.

How:

1. Each team makes a short summaryabout the meeting the last day

Modify the argumentsif it’s needed

Trial again

Break

Free discussion withMr. Dodin and at last personal statement

Over

[ 本帖最后由 fussfun 于 2008-6-26 01:19 编辑 ]