Board logo

标题: [中国新闻] 中美商建军事热线 以增加沟通消除误解 [打印本页]

作者: 日月光    时间: 2007-3-24 09:32     标题: 中美商建军事热线 以增加沟通消除误解

正在中国访问的美军参谋长联席会议主席彼得·佩斯23日在北京举行的新闻发布会上表示,他与中国军方领导商谈了建立美中军事热线一事。“希望通过军事热线,增加双方沟通的机会,减少误判,消除误解。”
1 Q  N& N1 L# a5 M5 I- i5 T  z. h, F$ ?; L! ?) l
  佩斯是应中央军委委员、中国人民解放军总参谋长梁光烈的邀请,于22日开始对中国为期4天的正式访问。中央军委副主席郭伯雄,中央军委副主席、国务委员兼国防部长曹刚川22日分别会见了佩斯。梁光烈与佩斯举行了会谈。
4 |4 ]9 `) Q1 e  T7 y6 f, O
8 Y( S9 Y2 P3 ^+ k  B7 T9 \  佩斯说,他们讨论了通过其他途径增进两军间的信任,比如,互相观摩军事演习,共同参加人道主义救援,增加军官交流等。
' _% T6 d! h# P: L% ~# W) K5 n0 w' R# J6 X+ J
  佩斯一行是今年访华的第一个美国高级军事代表团,也是佩斯2005年就任美军参联会主席以来首次访华。

2 j- @  d6 g+ ~9 @& f" g9 _6 q5 }6 M( n  M
U.S. general says Beijing 'hotline' possible
/ J7 E# b# a# r4 a5 I7 ^% Z, L6 q0 J9 ?0 O. v* ^
BEIJING — China's military is proposing officer exchanges and other confidence-building measures with the U.S. Army and may be inching closer to setting up a “hotline” for emergency communication with Washington, the top U.S. general said Friday.+ c$ m: @# s  k: k

+ D& X6 t' |/ @" oHowever, Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said he received no new information in meetings with Chinese military chiefs about Beijing's test of an anti-satellite weapon in January that raised concern in Washington. He said he continued to press China's generals for more transparency about the aims of their military buildup.
( d' [0 M" l( [# T1 A3 B+ e% H' {6 g0 h
“I used the example of the anti-satellite test as how sometimes the international community can be confused, because it was a surprise that China did that, and it wasn't clear what their intent was,” Gen. Pace said." }  f4 r8 V0 C: a0 q

$ l, m3 a9 {  R1 Z' c% b5 _Gen. Pace said he immediately agreed to study the proposals put forward Friday by Gen. Liang Guanglie, chief of the PLA's General Staff Department. Liang's move suggested a departure from the skepticism with which the highly secretive People's Liberation Army has long regarded co-operation with the U.S. military." F" E8 e. o, x, a

; Y: y% F6 ?5 x  y# L6 w! b“To me this was a very good, open discussion and one that I found very encouraging,” Gen. Pace told reporters in Beijing.
. w' Y9 U7 ^+ G7 `8 B# `# ^# r5 Q6 j: U
Gen. Liang's proposals included sending Chinese cadets to the Army academy at West Point as well as participating in joint exercises and humanitarian and relief-at-sea operations “that might be able to build trust and confidence amongst our forces.”  q& F$ C8 G3 Z. r' u
* Y" M) f( v$ i& r! b$ T
Military exchanges were largely suspended following a collision between a U.S. spy plane and a Chinese jet fighter over the South China Sea in 2001. The Chinese pilot was killed and the U.S. crew held captive after making an emergency landing at a Chinese air base.
+ @* l7 t8 g) X  m+ V) q) g( x
+ N+ h" f2 b  QDuring that crisis, communication between the sides was spotty and at times non-existent, largely because Washington had no direct channel of communications with the Chinese leadership.
- C5 P$ C  T- `; {
3 h; A8 _( A' iGen. Pace said the sides agreed to keep discussing setting up a “hotline” between either military or civilian leaders that would help ease any future friction.
6 O5 ^$ d" D4 E& V1 ^  j! }
1 B5 h3 H/ W" r( M+ s: I“The Chinese military understands as well as I do that the opportunity to pick up the phone and talk to somebody you know and smooth out misunderstandings quickly is a very important part of relations between two countries,” Gen. Pace said.- _: P, c. T' K# q

! O8 R) v. \+ Y" q( @& MDeep mistrust remains, however, particularly over Washington's close military ties with Japan and commitment to help ensure the defence of Taiwan, the self-governing island that China considers its own territory and which it has threatened to use force to recover.2 u- _( S% h3 M4 }' q$ I; a  }4 P( s4 m

' O0 s0 \! q. d2 _0 B7 g) Q0 C8 M* ^China has complained about U.S. plans to sell a batch of more than 400 missiles to Taiwan, but Gen. Pace said he had no details and didn't indicate whether the deal was mentioned in discussions.
1 W/ i; v9 `' Z  c$ a* _4 a
& y& s& G3 x7 SAsked about the possibility of a conflict over Taiwan, he said: “I believe there are good faith efforts among all the leadership to prevent that.”
0 f* z$ y! O' v% D) m' e3 }7 n9 N* [
The general didn't say how the Chinese officers responded to his calls for more transparency. China raised its military budget by 17.8 per cent this year to about $45-billion (U.S.) -- the biggest jump since 1995. The Pentagon says actual Chinese defence spending could be twice as high.* ?% H' y1 v6 z* ]0 @

7 }( ]! B, G* `2 v5 |5 y& x, i! g& @; IThe spending boost and January's satellite test, in which China became only the third country to destroy an object in space by pulverizing one of its own unused satellites with a missile warhead, heightened the sense of unease in Washington over China's 2.3 million-member armed forces.% T4 d+ y2 v# R* u" g1 z" L* l

2 w6 d: c* l% x2 r+ k$ B" r* o7 K# ~: O. O: S

1 F" {/ b: m& h3 `; C6 m: u
7 g. b6 O. E; ?1 r  \5 |! LChairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace inspects the guard of honor during a welcome ceremony at the Defence Ministry in Beijing March 22, 2007.

图片附件: [Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace] Pace.jpg (2007-3-24 09:32, 54.9 KB) / 下载次数 38
http://www.csuchen.de/bbs/attachment.php?aid=249680&k=abe2016adb20cef76889bbdc081ff166&t=1718448162&sid=1J2cXr

欢迎光临 人在德国 社区 (http://www.csuchen.de/bbs/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2