I don't understand the purpose of this English corner

hi everyone. I wonder why you want to creat such an English corner but not a Germany corner, because we are in Germany, aren't your study mainly in German?
I think maybe this is the only one Chinese English corner which I have ever heard in Germany. Who can tell me about the purpose of this English corner?

Originally posted by universe at 2005-12-18 22:11:
hi everyone. I wonder why you want to creat such an English corner but not a Germany corner, because we are in Germany, aren't your study mainly in German?
I think maybe this is the only one Chine ...

it's for those who wanna practice their english in germany, no matter for chinese guys, german guys or even english native speakers. initially, it was because we guys are studying english here that we thought it would be a necessecity to have a corner of our own, where we may enhance our power of english communication, and those who have the interest in it.  

your idea of organizing a german corner is quite inspiring. and i would also appreciate someone's organizing a german corner. you're right, that we are in germany, to practice german is also important. BUT, there're still guys who realize the importance of english and wanna improve it. Most of the courses held are in german. in tv, movies we come across the german language. why not give us a chance to speak english aloud and someday we will benefit from the english corner. i'm sure about it.

[ Last edited by Moses on 2005-12-18 at 23:09 ]

yes,
although we are in germany, but don't forget, english is more international, to be honest. And actually i am always thinking of this issue, because i, meself, studied german language and literature in china and some guys i knew from my colleage really didn't care or let's say maybe had no much time for practising or using english, which was embarrassing while seeking jobs, even in german co.s you would find, english is a must.
Btw, i heard once from a famous scholar in my home university, who said: English should be the Mandarine of modern intellectual.

what Molihua said, is definately the point.
If you want to work with an mutinational commercial co., you must have professional english language knowledge, no way out.
From my own experience is also the case, while i was working with a german speaking bank branch in beijing, although german might be a plus or an advantage.
On the other hand, english corner should be a prima idea as well for diversifying purposes.

还有还有,说英语很cool的~
举个例子:my name is bond,james bond~dry martini please~
头像不支持gif动画,我留在这个论坛还有什么乐趣……

don't ask so much why, if you
want ,then go ahead,
deutsch corner is also a good idea.
学海无涯...