my personal opinion to the speech of Mr. Hellbeck

I didn't take part in the seminar last week. But I think man can contribute the ideal without a participation. I don't agree with all points that Mr. Hellbeck figured out. First of all he should consider China as an emerging market. Without the Comparions with the history he can't persuade anyone to believe him. A question is very important according to my view, but he forgot it unfortunately,  Where was China thirty years ago and where are we just now? I have got a impression by the summary of his talk that he wants China to be a second Europe. The eleven Points are extremely excellent, but he should kown that China will never ever achieve all criterions with his ,3 billion population. The land, even the whole world can't afford this development and the quality of the lift. The natural resource will be quickly eroded. And tomorrow we will see that a liter petrol costs 5 Euro.

The important points for us like protection of our ecological environment and improvement of the strength of innovation seem to be uninteresting for the former ambassador. Because if the chinese people would be able to build the cars like BMW or Toyota, how can these countries survive the overwhelming competion base on the low cost.  I'm most certainly sure that he knows exactly if China fulfill all his points one day, assuming. There are only two results for us. Either the  Chinese system would be smashed, I mean to say it doesn't exist any more. Or it's the end of the world.

therefore a advice, be careful with it.

different voice

2005年秋季寒冷的一天,中国将两名航天员送入太空。在他们下方的土地上,1.35亿中国人每天靠不到1美元艰难维生。这几乎是中国人口的1/10,比英国和法国的人口加起来还要多1200万。这种反差使得人们难以理解中国的迅速崛起。
世界正在关注中国的优势和弱点,相当重要的原因是中国领导人几个世纪来首次登上国际舞台引起了人们的仔细观察。就在中国国家主席胡锦涛对非洲进行旋风式巡回访问的时候,中国外交官正在北京主持六方会谈,试图削弱拥有核武器的朝鲜的力量,而中国的财政高官正在与七个最富裕的国家开会讨论使人民币升值速度加快的问题。
张伟军(音)是一名退役军人,靠一小笔退休金在北京生活。他喷了一口烟,清了清嗓子,笑了起来,“中国当然是大国。为什么?很简单:中国这么大,而且人口最多”。
这种规模对中国既有利也有弊。中国看起来总是很大。正如拿破仑所说:“当中国醒来,世界将会颤抖。”而如今中国确实觉醒了。二三十年间,中国实现了从经济落后国家到指日可待的超级大国的飞跃。
中国几乎是各种商品最大的消费国:钢材、铁矿石、铝、木材、水泥和谷物。中国是世界上购买钢琴最多的国家。家长们无需提醒就知道几乎每件玩具都是“中国制造”。各家商店货架上整齐堆放的中国T恤衫、羊毛衫和电视证明了中国的出口实力。中国在世界贸易中所占的份额从1979年的不到1%猛增至2005年的6.4%。2005年,中国成为继美国和德国之后的世界第三大贸易国,而中国很有可能不久将成为最大的出口国。
中国已经超过英国成为世界第四大经济体,并且注定最晚将在2009年超过德国,跃居第三位。正如经济合作与发展组织所说:“中国的经济转型是近几十年来最引人注目的经济发展之一。”
张伟军对此感到骄傲一点也不奇怪。他的人生是以市场为导向的经济改革进程的真实写照。这次改革打破了苏联式中央计划经济的铁饭碗并建立了一种制度,官员喜欢将其称为“有中国特色的社会主义”,这几乎就是资本主义,但具有共产主义意识形态的外表。
自1978年以来,中国经济年均增长率将近10%。这使得四亿多中国人摆脱了贫穷。
然而,中国的环境却很糟糕。世界上10座受污染最严重的城市中有7座在中国。国际能源机构预测,中国在2009年可能会超过美国,成为世界上排放湿“室气体最多的国家。世界卫生级组织在2005年估计,中国7亿农村人口中有27%用不上安全的水,而整个国家只有51%的人享用到公共卫生设施。
在张伟军住的胡同里很少有人家中有厕所。但张伟军没有抱怨。“我从没有过得像现在这样好。20年前的情形和我现在的生活没法比。那个时候我们一无所有,每个人都很穷。”
没有一个国家经历过这样彻底的转变。中国有四亿人拥有手机。20年前根本没有私营企业,如今有500万家企业繁荣发展。1986年,中国也许只有一个百万富翁,而估计现在有一万人财产超过1000万美元。而所有这些只是刚刚开始。(原题:从这儿……到这儿)(作者 该报驻京记者马珍)