[国际新闻] 高龄祖母自家种大麻治病 法院判罪

英国一名六十八岁高龄的祖母塔布朗为消除身体疼痛,多年来在住宅栽种大麻,并在烹煮的食物中加入大麻,7日法院判处她二百五十小时的小区服务,及一千英镑罚款;塔布朗对判决毫无所动,表示将继续使用这项另类疗法。' f* |  f# a6 o% K  ^

+ O9 e" N! n7 B( h4 l& P    2005年9月警方接获线报前往塔布朗家中搜查,发现她在衣橱内栽种四株大麻,厨房的置物罐内并有已经磨成粉末的大麻,总价值达八百五十英镑。塔布朗在烹煮咖哩、煮汤、炖肉及制作饼干时,都会加入大麻粉,并与邻居朋友分享。地方人士都知道这位大麻阿嬷。人在德国 社区4 _( D* W2 Z2 ^8 ?  z% x

2 Z+ \+ H7 R9 x# z/ _3 @7 u$ A* g人在德国 社区    从教职退休的塔布朗说,自从儿子过世,她深受忧郁症所苦,加上两次车祸受伤后,经常有难忍的疼痛,传统的治疗都无法减轻她的痛苦,因此决定栽种大麻,以另类食疗治病,效果令她感到满意。去年塔布朗居住的纽卡索地方法院,以塔布朗持有并种植毒品大麻判处她六个月徒刑,得以缓刑六个月,由于她未悔改,一再违法,7日陪审团仅以十五分钟的时间,一致决定判她二百五十小时的小区服务及一千英镑的罚款,险些入狱服刑。
9 E2 @  q% J# R6 g6 w' w8 Mwww.csuchen.de' B, p- L% Z8 s& B) y: l
    在聆听判决后,塔布朗说,我老了,也累了,而且我觉得失望,但不是因为陪审团的判决,我失望的是,像我这样健康有问题的老太太,寻求治疗的方式,被法院以有色眼光态度对待。更糟的是,目前住在政府配发公寓内的塔布朗,将可能因为大麻事件被驱逐,地方政府将安排会议进行讨论。

2 P8 x! X& x( x+ L7 Y$ mwww.csuchen.de人在德国 社区! z; @2 a7 d4 A0 [3 j! [; \# _

`0 z" \1 x0 C# n( T7 yGrandmother who 'cooked with cannabis' denies possession
- O" Z7 x/ n1 v+ o# b7 [9 z- F- h4 X2 L; u3 N) U: R- I
A 68-year-old grandmother who "passionately" believes in using cannabis to relieve pain went before a judge and jury today charged with growing and possessing the drug.
4 v) T. |5 }3 f* {* _4 P& J7 o人在德国 社区! ^1 T  _" `+ {% z
Patricia Tabram denies one count of possession and one of cultivating cannabis.$ l  Y; }6 o" i. e# ~! C6 A- [
www.csuchen.de  |+ c- I2 \& \1 U0 G) }
Tabram cooperated with police when they raided her home in the sleepy village of Humshaugh, near Hexham, in September 2005, and directed officers to a bedroom where cannabis plants were growing in a wardrobe. She also told police there was powdered cannabis stored in jars in her kitchen to be used in cooking, the court heard.# b  O  e4 h/ a. z+ k

6 |3 ?( A; @0 |4 A2 iDuring the raid, police seized four plants, growing equipment and the powdered form of the drug which the prosecution claims was for her personal use.
! P6 q8 `9 ?+ u' \; j1 y
( N# ?& g" U% n! h8 H& C( |% qTom Moran, prosecuting, told Carlisle Crown Court: "Mrs Tabram is somebody who passionately believes in the use of cannabis as a way of relieving pain.4 @1 R, t' U  _0 T4 _8 X

% }# V- U/ f" L: p& B% r! _7 D! _www.csuchen.de"She says she suffers symptoms from various unfortunate health problems that are, she says, not alleviated by conventional medicine.www.csuchen.de" k5 y) [! _/ ?
人在德国 社区8 y. d9 C+ t. m
"She believes she should be able to take cannabis to do what conventional medicine cannot do." Tabram is believed to use the drug to alleviate the symptoms of tinnitus, whiplash and depression.
: Y3 ?' Z+ H( c; C8 c6 b; H% \
) g& m5 f' w8 H5 T2 twww.csuchen.deMr Moran reminded the jury of six men and six women that they were not there to debate legalisation of cannabis, however.4 x0 Z: V$ m9 p8 Z- q5 f
人在德国 社区* J+ E# O# |* V) l3 Q
He said: "You are not here to debate whether the law should be changed, you are here to apply the law as it stands at the moment."+ F3 S5 ]! n+ L4 ]. P( J: \0 c

5 F# h& y  x% L3 N, [) lwww.csuchen.deSgt Alan Clement was part of the police raid. Under cross-examination by Tabram, who is defending herself, he admitted she had asked him to seize the contents of her freezer.
+ V' O$ _1 M/ ?- [  I; A& t6 ywww.csuchen.de, U4 K7 Y' L! e* w4 {3 W
He said: "I cannot remember exactly this conversation but it would be to the effect we were not going to take food out of your freezer."
9 g& L; q! L0 x- V" H( u0 H* S人在德国 社区$ J- D1 f+ p' ]6 m; K' K
The pensioner replied: "The reason I asked you to please take it was, I believe, if you had gone back to the police station with 22 boxes of curries, casseroles, biscuits, cake and ice cream, this would have proved to the Crown Prosecution Service that I only use cannabis to cook."www.csuchen.de- D$ W0 e2 u# w: c

( j$ m- m+ }& j3 o$ ^www.csuchen.deThere was a ripple of laughter in the courtroom when the defendant pointed out that a police statement read out by the prosecution was dated September 11, 2005, five days before the raid took place.
9 u( e8 F2 o+ d# p- A
# s  B' J2 P- z6 j! c% W3 ]/ C0 G人在德国 社区The prosecution said it will investigate why the document was wrongly dated.; }( B2 Y/ }* n6 v1 q3 p) o7 X9 {

+ c& L2 \/ T% U2 F人在德国 社区The case was adjourned until tomorrow morning.

Patricia Tabram.jpg (19.95 KB)

Patricia Tabram

Patricia Tabram.jpg