[中国新闻] 中美商建军事热线 以增加沟通消除误解

正在中国访问的美军参谋长联席会议主席彼得·佩斯23日在北京举行的新闻发布会上表示,他与中国军方领导商谈了建立美中军事热线一事。“希望通过军事热线,增加双方沟通的机会,减少误判,消除误解。”
, u( E& G, Y; g, p人在德国 社区* X* E! P8 z9 P1 C
  佩斯是应中央军委委员、中国人民解放军总参谋长梁光烈的邀请,于22日开始对中国为期4天的正式访问。中央军委副主席郭伯雄,中央军委副主席、国务委员兼国防部长曹刚川22日分别会见了佩斯。梁光烈与佩斯举行了会谈。
- U0 E; P& P: K3 d( A& N+ S6 {, \+ h8 U* ^( W
  佩斯说,他们讨论了通过其他途径增进两军间的信任,比如,互相观摩军事演习,共同参加人道主义救援,增加军官交流等。) T- h3 ~4 _" D! E! e2 w
www.csuchen.de9 J$ D7 E6 ~7 {, d+ n  o: G
  佩斯一行是今年访华的第一个美国高级军事代表团,也是佩斯2005年就任美军参联会主席以来首次访华。

6 v4 N, L1 [7 r7 _6 p; `6 U& [" \7 d( C, v% l
U.S. general says Beijing 'hotline' possiblewww.csuchen.de) e/ E# [% S; Y1 C& g( j8 J
www.csuchen.de" c# D% z- b4 [% M6 L1 D( W
BEIJING — China's military is proposing officer exchanges and other confidence-building measures with the U.S. Army and may be inching closer to setting up a “hotline” for emergency communication with Washington, the top U.S. general said Friday.www.csuchen.de4 E+ Y5 s8 M8 d' Y2 v0 s

6 F+ ]. p" K7 d$ k" @! EHowever, Marine Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said he received no new information in meetings with Chinese military chiefs about Beijing's test of an anti-satellite weapon in January that raised concern in Washington. He said he continued to press China's generals for more transparency about the aims of their military buildup.
6 F( |* _$ U) T4 U5 f( C人在德国 社区5 t6 T: c6 X6 m
“I used the example of the anti-satellite test as how sometimes the international community can be confused, because it was a surprise that China did that, and it wasn't clear what their intent was,” Gen. Pace said.
) c$ s7 z6 p1 X" y1 e% |* M* ~8 Swww.csuchen.de" ~) N4 {/ d% K/ K0 V3 H
Gen. Pace said he immediately agreed to study the proposals put forward Friday by Gen. Liang Guanglie, chief of the PLA's General Staff Department. Liang's move suggested a departure from the skepticism with which the highly secretive People's Liberation Army has long regarded co-operation with the U.S. military.
1 E, [6 z& i2 V6 l" _/ |& p. U" v# B6 Q" C5 u, k
“To me this was a very good, open discussion and one that I found very encouraging,” Gen. Pace told reporters in Beijing.7 V8 A$ l- O5 U- M+ f& S

7 D# d- \" g) G3 GGen. Liang's proposals included sending Chinese cadets to the Army academy at West Point as well as participating in joint exercises and humanitarian and relief-at-sea operations “that might be able to build trust and confidence amongst our forces.”
6 b6 r2 ?4 X( q3 A/ @" n2 ]
0 X5 w' a) b0 d3 m& N9 x; mMilitary exchanges were largely suspended following a collision between a U.S. spy plane and a Chinese jet fighter over the South China Sea in 2001. The Chinese pilot was killed and the U.S. crew held captive after making an emergency landing at a Chinese air base.4 [- r5 [0 Q. w* g$ i, W" I+ C: u$ k5 F

. @  p2 ~( M* }# l/ ]During that crisis, communication between the sides was spotty and at times non-existent, largely because Washington had no direct channel of communications with the Chinese leadership.
1 z( Y; R7 L0 @% ~" P0 |+ U
7 d& [5 O0 E4 e$ A) j$ e  aGen. Pace said the sides agreed to keep discussing setting up a “hotline” between either military or civilian leaders that would help ease any future friction.
% F* U2 e" g* x
) D$ X; ?& [/ P2 A“The Chinese military understands as well as I do that the opportunity to pick up the phone and talk to somebody you know and smooth out misunderstandings quickly is a very important part of relations between two countries,” Gen. Pace said.8 A3 V0 o4 D; M( n) t5 C7 D# l4 G1 P
www.csuchen.de( A: z: \* R$ H! C2 I; L
Deep mistrust remains, however, particularly over Washington's close military ties with Japan and commitment to help ensure the defence of Taiwan, the self-governing island that China considers its own territory and which it has threatened to use force to recover.www.csuchen.de2 m; G! f: h, L, X& E1 |
, [: p7 R' T& W. \' H
China has complained about U.S. plans to sell a batch of more than 400 missiles to Taiwan, but Gen. Pace said he had no details and didn't indicate whether the deal was mentioned in discussions.
/ O8 n; L$ W/ Z3 Y& n8 O7 }' R/ awww.csuchen.de5 @9 L: w- Q) C7 R) r6 r5 s
Asked about the possibility of a conflict over Taiwan, he said: “I believe there are good faith efforts among all the leadership to prevent that.”3 u5 ?4 _% R5 O/ o  i% U
; q# Y1 D8 ^$ Q1 \
The general didn't say how the Chinese officers responded to his calls for more transparency. China raised its military budget by 17.8 per cent this year to about $45-billion (U.S.) -- the biggest jump since 1995. The Pentagon says actual Chinese defence spending could be twice as high.
4 T- S7 e. i6 m* r  B$ ]
; R7 n+ P4 S5 O8 _+ D2 `7 U. f2 v2 VThe spending boost and January's satellite test, in which China became only the third country to destroy an object in space by pulverizing one of its own unused satellites with a missile warhead, heightened the sense of unease in Washington over China's 2.3 million-member armed forces., y/ Q, i2 Q$ H) N1 V0 `0 w) j6 X
人在德国 社区! ]- @2 y( e6 C' O8 n- d

# S' O) F' l7 T6 Ewww.csuchen.de  y( a$ T% t9 d; j; P
, [9 X# R& Y8 v" j: M# V
Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace inspects the guard of honor during a welcome ceremony at the Defence Ministry in Beijing March 22, 2007.

Pace.jpg (54.9 KB)

Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Marine Gen. Peter Pace

Pace.jpg