[国际新闻] 美国瘾君子去世 拍下临死前画面警示后人

肖恩•布里奇斯26日走完了自己35年的生命历程。在生命中最绚烂的青春年华,他却因沉溺冰毒导致健康状况急剧恶化。随着生命走到尽头,这位瘾君子幡然悔悟,通过摄像机镜头记录自己因吸毒导致的畸形生活,用触目惊心的画面警示后人万不可步他后尘,走上吸毒的茫茫不归路。
. f$ t7 U% A$ \  dwww.csuchen.de& j. f; R, g8 Z( h
  据新华社报道,肖恩家住密苏里州,曾是一名卡车司机。他经历坎坷,从少年时期便开始吸食冰毒,不久就沉溺其中不能自拔。
1 C8 b: [- u7 [6 [. e# I' I8 G/ z( d  t# Z2 ^& n( y6 ]
  因为吸毒,肖恩的身体状况急剧恶化。“他是34岁的人,身体却早已衰老,器官状况如同年届七八十岁的人,”父亲杰克去年接受美联社记者采访时说。
; g1 Q3 o5 c+ {$ {& K& {: C人在德国 社区) C' z4 a. `& o$ ?/ ~
  长期使用冰毒导致肖恩心脏功能衰竭。早在26岁时,他就开始突发心肌梗塞,不久医生诊断他罹患充血性心脏衰竭症。他的心脏体积为正常人的两倍,但心肌极为衰弱。
3 H/ ]$ N5 A' n8 y( G# ]) L% Q- Vwww.csuchen.de( z2 F- R$ T2 {2 B2 \
  父亲杰克说,肖恩的一部分心脏已经坏死。在26日前,他的心脏又曾两度停止跳动,每一次都是医生通过电击把他从死神手中拉回来。  
# M- J, ~8 C$ M0 u9 Q& v
# K) D/ @$ r% X5 [( ]# t人在德国 社区  两年前,肖恩萌发了请人拍纪录片记录自己吸毒生活的念头,“这样,那些吸食毒品的孩子能够看清我正在承受的痛苦”。他希望通过自己这一活生生的“反面教材”让其他沉沦毒海的人早日回头。   P( ~) W4 m8 Z1 {. r, y

0 L1 I3 T7 }' d$ H9 g, Z$ U' w  应肖恩要求,伊-利诺斯州南部一家电视台导演奇普•罗塞蒂在去年拍摄了题为“看不见夕阳”的纪录片。这部纪录片长29分钟,真实记录了肖恩在毒品折磨下的“非人”生活。 人在德国 社区  ?7 M3 C, R8 Y5 j& O
- P% ^3 {* m% F& a+ x, {
  纪录片中的肖恩终日卧床不起,形容枯槁、行将就木。他身上插满各种软管,导尿管帮助排泄,进食管将流质食物送入胃中。离开它们,肖恩的生命将即刻结束。他已不能正常讲话,仅能用颤颤巍巍的声音叫冷。 # ^* T; q& p- A4 j

( @, w# D7 h/ S' z* g# _6 M  G) T/ ]人在德国 社区  罗塞蒂将影片放在自己的个人网站上供网民下载,畸形恐怖的画面和触目惊心的事实让世人震惊,肖恩也因此扬名全球。 , m1 s, a! G  g
人在德国 社区0 u* G7 A- u8 S8 A+ ?
  冰毒在医学上称“甲基苯丙胺”,是一种苯丙胺类毒品,毒性强大,长期大量使用可导致精神混乱、心脏功能衰竭、中毒甚至死亡。

7 \! J* i4 X+ M7 Y: D. [! a) J: S) R+ Rwww.csuchen.de: b0 p  e; C" x/ p
Meth comes at a high cost to Missouri man( X, ?, T, s+ S* R3 i) L
www.csuchen.de/ T5 e; C; Z3 @" {& C
CAPE GIRARDEAU - Jack Bridges doesn't know exactly when his son, Shawn, began abusing methamphetamine, but the doctors knew six years ago the drugs that ravaged him for so long would ultimately kill him.
6 a8 O  k2 G. bwww.csuchen.dewww.csuchen.de3 a4 a6 r0 v% m
"We knew the damage that had been done to his body. He (Shawn) was only given six months to a year to live. The good Lord gave him five and a half years longer than the doctors gave him, and we thank Him for every minute of it," Bridges said Tuesday, one day after his son died in a Cape Girardeau hospital.& ?( t+ P. c6 j! Z
# A9 `6 V9 G( M% e1 Y, [2 D
Shawn Bridges, 35, led a far from charmed life. At age 4 he lost his infant brother in a car accident, something his father said Shawn always blamed himself for, even though he wasn't even a witness to the incident.+ V  J1 x1 O% t. z0 I: ^3 e; a

4 ?- E. j+ N. c( ?) wShawn dropped out of high school at 16 and was a heavy partier, his father said. Then, he began using methamphetamine. He had tried to commit suicide twice, and heavy drug use had stopped his heart two more times, forcing doctors to shock Shawn back to life." Q+ e) _& {3 F7 G  i
( L8 b8 \" c1 s  r4 a# L
By the time former Southern Illinois filmmaker Chip Rossetti met him last year, Shawn was almost fully bed-ridden, eating with the assistance of a feeding tube and relieving himself through a catheter.5 l' [* `0 C2 k
* v* u4 ]% L% S- v" F2 k
"I would say he was nearly in the state of being catatonic; he couldn't really talk, move or focus on anything," Rossetti said.3 C7 B" H2 |! d( u

& Y; E! \! M3 A, ZRossetti came to the Bridges family because Shawn wanted to document and show what methamphetamine had done to him.
( u6 H7 |3 b( `8 N4 u  ]7 v+ z) G) ]1 y, S2 W  t; [' `: V$ b
His wish became a 29-minute documentary Rossetti titled, "No More Sunsets."" J# w- f. r8 U

( q; p/ K* s: k5 `5 ?& X2 c6 y+ Wwww.csuchen.de"A lot of people associate sunrises and sunsets as peaceful times; it's also seen a time of beauty. I shot the film in black and white, because at the time I wanted to show that Shawn was no longer able to see the beauty in life," Rossetti said.人在德国 社区6 ^7 Y. d" Z4 x
3 }# L1 ]/ h* r3 m' R/ p! u
Shawn originally intended the film to be shown to kids from the local church he once attended. However, in 2006 the film became something of an international phenomenon, gaining attention from all corners of the globe.
: n% t+ D" k7 m4 ^9 |8 H0 k5 s; E5 k5 [5 c
"I've had inquiries from every state in the United States, from Thailand, China and Germany," Rossetti said.$ w6 V: ?( x- H0 ~" M

" d$ [5 E# a% t/ d% _3 d* e/ O2 p# SThe worldwide attention opened Rossetti's eyes to just how widespread the methamphetamine problem is today.8 @# _' ?$ w' M: v& ]( S) K2 m# i
www.csuchen.de3 u( {& b! c' o3 j% `; Y
Jack Bridges said he never expected his son's story to touch so many people.) m7 l+ M( n5 Y- R. b- T0 s" y  n1 S

6 c5 V! F, D/ M& K"I don't think anyone did, and we didn't expect the nationwide or worldwide publicity it received," he said. "Whether you believe in God or not, I think He has sent this message to try to get this problem in the world turned around."$ q8 Z9 S: I) Y9 s: M+ K- j) s
7 p8 \7 G7 x3 I6 }( ~  b4 H$ i( r, \
Even in death, Shawn's story continues to attract big name media like CNN and Fox News, Bridges said. He said he doesn't mind the attention on his son, as long as it helps others be aware of the inherent dangers meth use poses to a person's life.
1 g9 A+ g% S9 Z  o4 ~, O人在德国 社区
* l* Q" q3 [& d4 v; \"I'm not proud of Shawn for how he got this way," Bridges said. "But, I am extremely proud for him to have had the courage to say, 'Hey, world, look at what this crap has done to me; don't let it happen to you.'"

Shawn Bridges.jpg (12.18 KB)

Shawn Bridges

Shawn Bridges.jpg

Share |