[国际新闻] 英国安全局出错 无辜平民入冤狱

伊拉克籍英国居民比谢尔•拉维在关塔那摩美军基地监狱度过4年多的牢狱生涯后获释。英国民众怀疑英国安全局同美国中央情报局联手使无辜的拉维遭受牢狱之苦。《泰晤士报》报道说,相信调查人员可能会作出国家安全局在此问题上“犯下严重错误”的结论。 2 q! B/ N7 I$ j' ?
人在德国 社区$ S0 E2 C; A0 a- D
  拉维和他的同伴贾米勒•班纳2002年11月在冈比亚被捕,中情局后来通过“幽灵航班”将他们秘密引渡到关塔那摩美军监狱。拉维上周末获释后说,美国方面没有对他进行审判就秘密关押了他数年,并在狱中虐待他们。
* ]9 t4 A3 s9 h2 E' O人在德国 社区. E: n' c6 h8 `5 w/ n- k
  由于涉及中情局抓捕、关押英国居民,而且涉及中情局用以非法引渡的“幽灵航班”,拉维一案在英国引起高度关注。英国民众指责英国安全局在本案中扮演了不光彩的角色。
+ ~) p( J1 N* {: p, N' o 
! b8 o% b2 `- I$ c8 Z! Y  文件显示,由于拉维和班纳认识一名宗教极端人士,英国安全局接触过他们两人,希望把他们发展成线人。
# `# \# |/ ?. p/ K- l& Q& C0 z4 M人在德国 社区人在德国 社区% i1 E1 v' g- b4 e5 D  l
  根据美国《信息自由法》公布的材料显示,班纳拒绝接受英国安全局提供的金钱和新身份,而拉维则试图中止同安全局的合作。安全局后来给中情局发了电报,提醒中情局这两人将从伦敦抵达冈比亚。
, Q, k' j# z" e7 B+ _1 K- F' ^
5 L9 q' w2 H1 a7 I" G人在德国 社区  这两人到冈比亚后遭当地警方逮捕,随后落入中情局特工手中。 7 }/ K5 R8 Q9 G$ ]4 a
! O9 ?! H. p( R- o( l: g8 X3 q
  《泰晤士报》说,英国安全局在给中情局的电报中将拉维和班纳描述为“极端分子”,称他们同极端人士阿布•加塔达往来甚密。
6 l8 D3 h3 @! X. t6 C人在德国 社区
/ l: ~5 `; ]" X! y( K( ^0 |. M  拉维和班纳被捕后不久被转移到阿富汗巴格拉姆美国空军基地,后来又被转送到了关塔那摩关押。转移过程中,他们乘坐的是被称为“幽灵航班”的中情局的秘密航班。
7 k$ E% c# Q& o' ~" e人在德国 社区: K9 D: X* y7 f! [; P" a
  英国议会情报和安全委员会对拉维和班纳被捕的详情以及他们如何被送进关塔那摩作了调查。这份报告原定于本月底递交给英国首相托尼•布莱尔,但由于拉维获释,原定日期可能出现变化。
" m8 \3 m8 t+ P9 I/ |2 S( v$ b! ^www.csuchen.de
  W1 u& u' U. d( ]& t$ Ewww.csuchen.de  消息人士对《泰晤士报》说,情报和安全委员会初步判断是,英国安全局犯下了“操作失误”的错误。但安全局并不知道他们会被秘密引渡并被关押在关塔那摩监狱。
0 _/ x: A; \+ a人在德国 社区
5 C/ C/ B1 l1 l6 l- k) x2 T9 g  拉维和班纳均承认认识阿布•加塔达,但否认他们参与了恐怖活动。他们两人在英国并没遭受任何涉及恐怖罪名的指控。
4 S* R. ^2 ]8 v! n. N3 J. r
' T, _: L6 `$ w3 I& H* l" l- h. [- k  班纳是约旦籍英国居民,他现在还在关塔那摩监狱中。拉维获释后呼吁英国政府尽力解救班纳。

|3 k. Z" Y4 ~' M4 B' c7 J5 Nwww.csuchen.de' S: x  J* u8 a: p- _
人在德国 社区( f! E& y9 s) y% r0 O% @

% [; [  h6 z, R2 \9 n( QMI5 blunder led to ghost flight and jail for ‘extremists’
+ ?+ u" U4 n) d2 x/ k$ Y# K6 c7 q" \
) u2 l$ p1 N9 E: I% h% u6 KAn inquiry into MI5’s alleged complicity in the detention without trial at Guantanamo Bay of two British residents is believed to have concluded that the intelligence service made serious mistakes, The Times has learnt. 人在德国 社区8 v% O; }$ R# r7 T7 }3 n
0 v% v1 Y* c9 @/ J
The parliamentary Intelligence and Security Committee (ISC) has been investigating the detention of Bisher al-Rawi and Jamil el-Banna by the CIA and their transfer by “ghost flight” to the American internment camp in Cuba.
% R* _' ]# w! O# U
% Y; I0 h$ i8 Q; T# r! d4 oThe ISC’s report was due on the Prime Minister’s desk later this month but has been delayed after the release last weekend of Mr al-Rawi. www.csuchen.de8 w# G& S( i: w0 S

6 c, z# Z7 ]! y: w, n' _人在德国 社区Crucial to the inquiry are documents that show that MI5 had approached both men to become informants because of their acquaintance with a radical Islamist cleric. 0 o; M, v) P" |5 z: q/ r
www.csuchen.de: _7 Y2 a  S8 r) p' n
The papers, released under American freedom of information legislation, appear to show that Mr el-Banna refused offers of money and a new identity while Mr al-Rawi tried to pull out of an unpaid arrangement with MI5 agents. Later British agents sent telegrams to the CIA, alerting it to the men’s arrival in The Gambia from London on a business trip. 7 M  V5 f, @" K/ ]. g0 c4 D
www.csuchen.de2 m( `5 c1 N4 t: x
The telegrams described the men as Islamists and extremists who were close to Abu Qatada, a key figure in the al-Qaeda movement in Europe, now in prison in Britain. 人在德国 社区0 v; I6 `. f8 t% }

+ |; f  V0 ?* @# A" r# Z3 O) g: Hwww.csuchen.deBoth men were arrested in The Gambia and transferred first to Bagram airbase, Afghanistan and then to Guantanamo Bay. They were flown on unmarked CIA flights and are among the few Britons to have been subjected to extraordinary rendition — the transfer of detainees across borders without recourse to any legal process. Sources have told The Timesthat the preliminary judgment of the ISC is that MI5 made “operational” mistakes but that it did not know that the two men would be subject to rendition and internment at Guantanamo Bay.
% ~/ U9 x1 J, k. _7 l
6 [: `* T2 E2 q, ]( U. s9 JMr al-Rawi, 39, spoke of the “nightmare” he had endured at the US camp and appealed to the Government to work for the release of Mr el-Banna, 43.
- k4 H, o9 M3 q7 B8 W& q2 e# x: p  D0 a
Both men admit knowing Abu Qatada but deny involvement in extremist activity. Neither has been charged with any terror offence in Britain. www.csuchen.de, j# s6 ~- v5 f  K! O

0 X4 x6 o* [" }% W. o" ^7 FReprieve, the legal campaign group, says that another eight men with the right to live in Britain are among the estimated 430 still being held at the camp.
) P) a' j: W! Z/ O/ ]6 }/ F" [' J0 ?! e' F, |, D3 M
But the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, which negotiated the return of Mr al-Rawi, said it had not asked the US to release any of the other detainees with British links.
9 i7 Y9 t* V: G, k6 j+ @9 n
5 d6 F' v; b0 M& bA spokesman said: “They are all foreign nationals and therefore we have no locus to provide diplomatic or consular assistance to them. - B) d# _& h3 |, C+ f5 g1 u8 Q8 M
; J* z- I. t& G/ Y/ r; |0 H# _
“The facts of Mr al-Rawi’s case are different and the Foreign Secretary took a decision to ask the Americans to release him back to the UK.” 5 c/ d. _4 f6 a" r

; F( e$ `" W" g2 v, kClive Stafford Smith, of Reprieve, said, however, that he believed Mr al-Rawi’s release was a breakthrough.
8 i/ ~; `, Z' Y8 N: C2 e1 Z
: E$ J8 @- h6 @8 k( f1 x人在德国 社区“If Bisher can be freed so too can Jamil el-Banna. Their cases are identical,” he said. ( J, a7 L! S1 G5 x( L7 B
" I& w; I) f$ D; |6 `. H5 [2 i
“The British Government holds the key — if they would just say the word he would be home. The Americans are desperate to release people and close Guantanamo down. * P; j* d9 H( v8 E8 P# j

1 |+ J9 c0 Y+ _$ }. x“The problem is the Home Office. They spend their whole time trying to deport people, they don’t want them coming into the UK.”

Lavi.jpg (8 KB)

无辜的拉维。

Lavi.jpg

Share |